- Leadership development opportunity
- Drive success across our Estate and Infrastructure team
- Based in Wellington CBD with flexible working options
Inspiring leadership opportunity to lead the Defence Estate and Infrastructure Alliance
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role manages the professional services alliance between NZDF, Beca, EY and GHD. You will lead the Alliance and Alliance Management Team across all areas of Defence Estate and Infrastructure (DEI) and report to the Alliance Services Board.
You will be required to:
- Champion a high-performance Alliance culture.
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Alliance to ensure they meet required outcomes.
- Lead the development of scopes of work, working with the Alliance Management Team to ensure that they are within the parameters set by the NZDF and the Alliance Services Board.
- Provide financial management oversight of Alliance activities.
- Ensure the Alliance Management Team is high performing.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Alliance Services Board that demonstrates ‘public value’ outcomes and investment decisions.
- Provide formal communications internal and external on Alliance activities and updates.
- Ensure the Alliance maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external to the NZDF.
- Facilitate the flow of information between the DEI Alliance and DEI Alliance management and leadership, to ensure achievement of Alliance outcomes, appropriate oversight and escalation of progress, risks, and achievements.
Travel to NZDF Camps and Bases is required and you will need a Class 1 Full Driver’s Licence.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
Your exceptional communication and relationship building abilities will have you successfully engaging with senior leaders and stakeholders across the NZDF and with our Alliance partners.
You will have the ability to lead commercial relationships to support capital and maintenance delivery. A background in consultancy or construction is advantageous but not essential.
You will have:
- Strong leadership, relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to lead cultural change.
- Advanced financial, commercial and business acumen.
- Experience in managing the delivery of professional services.
- Experience managing a large team of professional staff delivering a highly complex portfolio.
- An understanding, and ideally experience of, working in board governed environments, and in large organisations with multiple governance and decisions making systems.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, architecture, project management, construction, building sciences, business management, property management or related disciplines, ideally to post graduate level.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Defence Estate and Infrastructure Unit is responsible for developing, maintaining and managing land and infrastructure assets to support NZDF military capabilities and all of government outcomes.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What’s in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family.
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000.
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online at our Defence Careers website.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Secret security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/clearances/eligibility-tool
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 26 October 2023.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for.