- Responsible for the Kobelco NZ, Auckland dealership and leading the NZ business
- Senior leadership role directing all operations and business divisions.
- Kobelco will directly distribute its market-leading excavators in New Zealand
About Kobelco Construction Machinery
Kobelco Construction Machinery is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kobelco Construction Machinery in Japan, with sales and aftermarket support responsibility for Oceania, including Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, and Papua New Guinea.
To continue its growth in the region, Kobelco has recently announced that it will directly distribute its market-leading excavators in NZ by implementing a streamlined direct-to-market strategy.
The NZ operations are planned to grow the Kobelco NZ market position with superior operational excellence. There is a desire to emulate the success of the Australian business, which is one of the highest selling brands of heavy excavator, reflecting the investment made by Kobelco Japan continuing growth across the Oceania region.
The Kobelco Construction Machinery Role
This role is the most senior role for Kobelco in NZ. It is responsible for leading the business, directing all operations, ensuring overall profitability, and setting the strategy for development and growth. The role will be based in South Auckland reporting to the Managing Director of Kobelco Construction Machinery for Oceania.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for all staff employed by Kobelco NZ in all business divisions
- Represent the company in New Zealand for relationships with customers, suppliers, service providers, financiers, and relevant authorities
- Lead the organisation’s employees with a contemporary Human Resources management approach to build a winning business culture
- Ensure all departments follow best practice to maximise efficiencies including administration, facilities, customer service, human resources, job allocation, profitability, safety, and quality
- Accountable for the dealership financials and maintaining profitable sales, parts, local and national service support
- Achieve all sales, financial and operation targets
- Comply with standards of all New Zealand legislative requirements
- Forecasting volume and model mix of machines for the New Zealand market
- Responsible for overseeing the appointment of all New Zealand staff
- Meet all KPI’s associated with the position
- Appointment and management of a national network of authorised service providers
- Drive continuous improvements across all areas of the New Zealand operations
A full job description is available upon request
The skills sought.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in the construction equipment industry, heavy equipment or diesel sector with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- Strategic agility to anticipate the market trends and consequences; able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Customer focussed for both sales and service support
- Strong financial management and analytic skills with advanced computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft applications
- Ability to make quality decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement
- Strong leadership personality with an ability to develop people, supported by excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of the excavator product in the New Zealand market and the competitive landscape.
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded, particularly in the area of business or marketing
- Regular travel, both domestic and international will be required
The challenge and reward
This Country Managers role will prove a significant opportunity to significantly grow the Kobelco NZ business leading the NZ operations to new levels of excellence.
Remuneration and benefits are scoped at a level where candidates of the highest calibre will have ample incentive to consider change.
The Kobelco NZ application process.
Click the apply section to upload your resume or visit automotiveemployment.co.nz and use the key word search, Kobelco Country Manager/Dealer Principal
All applications will beacknowledged both at the time of application and at the beginning of processing.
Confidential enquiries can be made by calling Russell Phillips or Keith Naude
on 0800 67 57 47 or directly via mobile on 0274790000 or 0212713202.
A job description can be attained by emailing email@example.com